Preparation and Post Operation Instructions
- Prior to your procedure, please inform us of all medications that you are taking, including herbal supplements, and if you have any allergies, especially to local anesthetic, medications or to contrast (also known as “x-ray dye”).
- You may be advised to stop taking aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (Tylenol, Advil) or a blood thinning medication for a period of time before your procedure.
- Please inform us about recent illnesses or other medical conditions.
- Unless otherwise instructed, you may take your usual medications, especially blood pressure medications. These may be taken with some water in the morning before your procedure.
- You may be instructed to refrain from eating or drinking anything for several hours before your procedure.
- You may need to remain for a period of observation after your procedure.
- You will be given a gown to change into before your procedure.
NOTE: You may be issued additional instructions by our care team specific to the procedure that you are having.